What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and, used by selected delivery carriers to provide you with the ordered products and if you agree, to send you marketing information, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website. The Litespot (UK) Ltd will not share your information for marketing purposes with any other companies.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address. We may make a small charge for this service. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
THE LITESPOT (UK) LTD
GDPR: DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CLIENTS AND SUPPLIERS
The Litespot (UK) Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- 1. Definitions
Data controller - A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor - A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data - The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data - The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’. The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing - means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party - means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- 2. Who are we?
The Litespot (UK) Ltd is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are: The Litespot (UK) Ltd, unit 2 mill lane trading estate, Pontefract Road, Barnsley South Yorkshire S71 1HF. For all data matters contact Elizabeth Beecroft.
3. The categories and purpose of personal data concerned and our legal basis for processing your personal data
We require your personal data as it is a requirement necessary to provide you with a product Guarantee, Contract for buying goods, Customer Service, Purchase History, Contact Details, and Delivery Service.
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data: Name, address, email address.
We obtain your personal data from yourself
- Consent of the data subject – We use e mail collection for marketing purposes and you consent to this via our website and our consent form in our showroom.
- Name and address processed as part of our sales contract and product guarantee
- 3. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with delivery and supplier providers when necessary.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary order to provide product guarantees and provide customer service when required on purchases.
- 4. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- [The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, WHERE CONSENT WAS YOUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE DATA];
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
- Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside the eea.
- 6. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
- 8. How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our Elizabeth Beecroft OUR DATA REPRESENTATIVE on 01226 730254.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.